Friday, August 24, 2007

Hot, hot, hot.

I know everybody is saying it but darn it, it sure is hot. We went for a nature walk the other morning and it was 85 degrees at 9:00 am. Needless to say being the delicate flower that I am (ha, ha) I turned those kids around and marched them right back home. Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if global warming was real for a while. Then I got to talking to my next door neighbor and he said that this summer reminded him of summers when he was a kid. We broke a record here in Kentucky the other day. The most consecutive days in the 90's or higher. Yesterday we broke a record temperature that was set way back in 1888. Well there was no global warming in 1888 was there. So I still really have a hard time believing in global warming.
Here is a tree we saw on our nature walk. We were really looking for birds, but for some reason they wouldn't hold still. It couldn't have been the fact that the kids were running and hollering and generally acting as if they had never been outside a day in their lives, could it?

No comments: