Saturday, May 12, 2007

Didn't make it.

Hello, my name is Kim and I'm a yard sale junkie. I slipped, I fell, I backslid. I went to several yard sales yesterday. I spent a whopping $10.50. I bought 2 TV trays, 4 terra cotta pots, 3 tennis balls, and an electric scooter. I got the scooter for $5. It was an amazing deal and probably worth at least $50, but the man said he just wanted to get rid of it.

I potted up 3 pots of "mixed" flowers and plan on giving one to my Mom for Mother's day, one to my secret sister on Sunday and keeping one for myself. The scooter is at my brother-in-law's, it will be a good project for him since he can't leave the house and a wonderful birthday present for Danielle if he can get it fixed. I'll use the tennis balls for the kids at the lake, since they float (or at least I hope they do) they can swim after them.

I did however overspend at a plant sale. There is a little old lady on the street behind one of our local Catholic churches who sells plants. I don't know if she does it to make ends meet or if she does it for a hobby, but somehow I let her talk me into $15 worth of plants. I usually don't let people talk me into things like that, but since she was older and I didn't know how much she needed the money I went along with her. I guess I'm just a sucker when it comes to old people.

1 comment:

AmeliaB said...

Yard sales are fun aren't they? Old people are so neat. I think about all of the things they've lived through and done. I wish I could hear all their stories. When it comes to selling their right up their with cute six year olds. Something just snaps and you *have* to buy at least one thing (or two). :-)

~Amelia