Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Mother's Day Planting Extravaganza

Today being Mother's Day my husband decided to give me something I haven't had in 8 years. Vegetable plants and a Rose bush. I'm so touched. Yesterday, he took me to Home Depot and let me pick any rose bush I wanted, I picked Blue Girl, I can't wait to Miracle Grow and love on it until it's HUGE!! Then last night when we came home he made me steak, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and a HUGE salad. I am the luckiest woman in the world.

Just look at what we planted.

Spearmint just for fun. I wanted to plant it beside the house on the little strip between the driveway and the house just like I remember having as a child, but our wonderful neighbor weed eats that spot for us and I didn't want to tell him to stop, so for now I'll just put it in this cute fairy pot I got at a yard sale last year for $3.

The cableman wanted Strawberries, I've never container grown Strawberries before I think they need a bigger pot.


I thought I had bought some Better Boys and Sweet 100's but when I got home all I had were Sweet 100's, oh well, hope they like cherry tomatoes.

Here is my attempt at an heirloom tomato. A Mister Stripey.



Here's the Cableman's Patio Tomato plant, we'll see, I'm a bit dubious.

And. . . Drumroll please. . .

My Blue Girl Rosebush. I'm so excited.

No comments: